Lakshya ‘Scindia’ Fellowship
Are you a college student interested in policy and politics? Do you want to be a Champion of Change?
Come join my team for a month-long fellowship as we prepare for the upcoming general elections. The fellowship offers an exciting opportunity to work closely on the parliamentary elections, conduct field work and spearhead voter enrollment drives. Lakshya ‘Scindia’ Fellows will be responsible for helping me organize my youth engagements through discussion forums. Become a Lakshya ‘Scindia’ Fellow, become a champion of change!
Role – Fellow
Duration – One month
Commitment – Part-Time
About the Fellowship
The fellowship will give young college students in Guna, Shivpuri and Ashok Nagar an exciting opportunity to work closely with a Member of Parliament, conduct relevant fieldwork and build a sense of civic responsibility through community service. The programme will involve college students as young leaders to spearhead the voter enrollment drive in their colleges/university and across their locality. In addition, students will be involved in organising college-level discussions wherein they will build awareness on the development works undertaken in the constituency, and solicit feedback on the same. This will afford fellows the unique opportunity of gaining a close look at how elections work.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (currently pursuing in any college in Guna, Shivpuri or Ashok Nagar)
- Strong interest in working on local, state and national civic issues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Word/Excel/Powerpoint is required. Other tools like Photoshop, etc. will be a plus
Deliverable for the Fellows
- Deliver 2 awareness camps on campus and 2 in locality to enhance voter enrollment awareness
- Undertake discussions with fellow students & residents of neighbourhood to understand, collate and present their views on development record
- Organize interactive sessions among students in their colleges / Universities
- Make creative content for enrollment awareness drives, workshops and surveys
- Achieve target of a per Fellow outreach of at least 1000 potential voters within their college / locality
What Fellows can expect from us?
- Initial training to Fellows
- Certificate of Participation signed by Mr. Jyotiraditya Scindia – to be based on successful completion of assigned tasks
- Nominal Stipend (especially for any travel involved)
- Application Deadline – 12th January
- Announcement of Final list of Fellows – 14th January
- Training – 16th – 17th January
- Conclusion – 18th February